The Bar Council of India on 9th of June, 2020 has issued guidelines to all Centres of Legal Education (CLE), in which it was said that “All Students, except Final year students, will be promoted on the basis of performance of previous year’s marks and marks obtained in the internal examination of the current year.”.
It was further mentioned that in continuation of the Bar Council of India’s earlier communication dated 27th May, 2020 relating to Guidelines for online Examinations, all the Centres of Legal Education (CLE) will follow the under-mentioned guidelines such as: –
- Final year students of 3 Years LL.B and 5 Years LL.B courses may be allowed to appear for online examinations.
- Alternatively, for Final year LL.B students as mentioned above, the Universities may adopt any other appropriate method which they feel is adequate to satisfy the requirements of regular examination. Under this system the University may allow students to write a project report/research paper for each paper of final year or they may adopt a full proof method to double the internal marks of the semester exams already held for such year.
- In case of Final Year LL.B students, who have not cleared all papers of previous years and are required to sit in the supplementary examination, but, who have been promoted to final year, such Final year LL.B students may be allowed to write a project report or appear in online examination with regard to the pending/supplementary papers, so that they could also pass within time.
- All Students, except Final year students, will be promoted on the basis of performance of previous year’s marks and marks obtained in the internal examination of the current year. However, it is clarified that after reopening of the colleges/Universities, the Universities shall conduct the end semester examination with respect to the year from which they have been promoted, within a reasonable period of time, though, such promoted students shall continue to study in the year to which they have been promoted, and in case, they are unable to pass/clear any such paper of such end semester exam of the year from which they have been promoted, they shall have to clear the same, before they are granted the degree. In the case of students who have been promoted to the final year as LL.B students, they shall have to pass all papers in order to obtain their degree/s.
- Universities must adhere to Covid-19 protocol and ensure that the norm of social distancing is followed in the campus and all class rooms and examination halls are properly sanitized from time to time. The safety and health of the students should not be compromised at any cost.
- Universities are instructed to maintain the highest academic standards while conducting the examinations.
India Legal Bureau
The post BCI Says All Students Promoted On The Basis Of Previous Year’s Marks Except Final Year Students appeared first on India Legal.