FSSAI Food License Online Registration through Law Street Corporation
FSSAI registration or license is required for all entities involved in the manufacture, distribution and transportation of food products. ✔Support all states ✔3 Types of License: Local, State & Central ✔Application in Same (Priority) ✔10yrs Experienced FSSAI Expert ✔Lowest Fees than Other Portals through Law Street Corporation
Food License Registration certificate is required to run a food product business. You have to register under Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to manufacture, distribute and transport food products. FSSAI is established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. FSSAI Certificate and FSSAI License are same which ensures the quality, purity and other important factors the customers can rely upon.
Both FSSAI and Food License are same.
|FSSAI Basic License||Annual turnover of the business is less than 12 lakhs||1 Year||Rs. 1499/-|
Including Govt. Fee Excluding GST
No Hidden Charge
|FSSAI State License||Annual turnover of the business is between 12 to 20 crores||1 To 5 Years||Rs. 2999/-|
Excluding Govt. Fee Excluding GST
No Hidden Charge
|FSSAI Central License||Annual turnover of the business is above 20 crores||1 To 5 Years||Rs. 3999/-|
Excluding Govt. Fee Excluding GST
No Hidden Charge
Benefits of FSSAI Certificate (Law Street Corporatio)
- TRUST OF THE CUSTOMERS
An authentic communication is necessary to gain the customer trust. It will conduct better service and also keep the customers from unhealthy and adulterated food supply.
- LEGAL ADVANTAGES
FSSAI Certification will enhance the chance of legal enforcement and control over the department at a certain point and will encourage the establishment of several things to a particular area.
- GOVERNMENT FUNDING AND LOANS
The FSSAI registration will offer the privileges of Government Funding and Loans that can be easily accessible for the business operators.
- USE OF FSSAI LOGO
The use of FSSAI logo on your product will normally create goodwill trustworthiness amongst the consumers.
- BRAND VALUE
A company will automatically acquire Brand Value once it is FSSAI registered.
- EXPANSION OF BUSINESS
The FSSAI license will provide a wider scope and privilege of expansion at any geographic location.
- Recognition of Government
Government of India recognizes the FSSAI Registration resulting in to customer trust and huge base of consumers.
- PERMIT OF FOOD BUSINESS
FSSAI License speaks about the safety of the customers concerning to food business.
- BENEFITS FROM GOVERNMENT ACTIONS ON NON-COMPLIANCE
Government will take action and bestow the help on the company in case of any non-compliance issue in the future.
- BOOST UP YOUR BUSINESS
If a business is FSSAI registered, it will create handsome client base and boost up the business at a larger scale.
Who Needs An FSSAI License?
Documents Required For FSSAI Food License
Any Identity Proof document like Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving License.
How Law Street Work?
- Fill the form and make the payment.
- Get a call from expert.
- Upload all necessary documents.
- FSSAI expert will apply for certificate.
- Your FSSAI certificate will be sent by expert
The Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 introduced to improve the hygiene and quality of food has brought about tremendous changes in the food industry. As per the Act, no person shall commence or carry on any food business except under a FSSAI license or FSSAI registration. Therefore, any food manufacturing or processing or packaging or distributing entity is now required to obtain a FSSAI License or Registration.
FSSAI registration is required for all petty food business operator. Petty food business operator is any person or entity who:
- Manufacturers or sells any article of food himself or a petty retailer, hawker, itinerant vendor, juice stall, sweets shops or temporary stall holder; or
- Hawker selling packaged or freshly prepared food by travelling on movable cart or foot from one location to other.
- Small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food business or tiny food businesses with an annual turnover not exceeding Rs 12 lakhs and whose:
- Production capacity of food (other than milk and milk products and meat and meat products) does not exceed 100 kg/ltr per day or
- Procurement or handling and collection of milk is up to 500 litres of milk per day or
- Slaughtering capacity is 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds per day or less.
Petty food business operators are required to obtain a FSSAI registration by submitting an application for registration in Form A. On submission of a FSSAI registration application, the registration should be provided or application rejected in writing within 7 days of receipt of an application by authority.
FSSAI License – State
Any person or entity that does not not classify as a petty food business operator is required to obtain a FSSAI license for operating a food business in India. FSSAI license is of two types, State FSSAI License and Central FSSAI License. Based on the size and nature of the business, the licensing authority would change. Some of the types of entities that require FSSAI state license are:
- Hotel providing lodging, meals and other guest services – upto four star rating.
- Restaurants and bars having turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Caterers having turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food vending agencies having upto 100 vending machines in only 1 state
- Mid day meal caterers having turnover of upto Rs.20 crores
- Mid day meal canteens having turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
- Food product marketers with a turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food retailers with a turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food suppliers with a turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product distributors with a turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product wholesales with a turnover of upto Rs.30 crores per year
- Food transporters having upto 100 vehicles and a turnover of upto Rs.30 crores per year
- Dairy units processing over 500 liters of milk per day or 2.5 MT of milk solids per year
- Vegetable oil processing units with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
- Slaughter house processing more than 50 poultry birds or 11 small animals or 3 large animals
- Meat processing unit with a capacity of more than 500kg of meat per day or 150 MT of meat per year
- All grains, cereals, pulses milling units without any limit on production capacity
- Food manufacturing or processing or packing unit with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year or production capacity of more than 100kg or 100 liters per day
- Cold storage unit with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
- Cold + Atmospheric Controlled Storage with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
- Storage unit with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
FSSAI License – Central
Large food manufacturers / processors / transporters and importers of food products require central FSSAI license. Some of the types of entities that require FSSAI central license are:
- Five star hotels
- Restaurants with a turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Caterers with a turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food vending agencies with more than 100 vending machines or having machines in two or more states
- Food product importers
- Food product exporters
- Selling food products through e-commerce
- Registered office of food business operators having operations in two or more state
- Food business activity in premises belonging to Central Government Agencies
- Departmental Canteens at the premises belonging to Central Government Institutions
- Food business activity in Airport or Seaport
- Food business activity in Railway Stations
- Food product marketers with turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product retailers with turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product suppliers with turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product distributors with turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product wholesalers with turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per year
- Food product transporters with turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per year and having more than 100 vehicles
- Proprietary or novel food manufacturers
- Mid-day meal caterers with a turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food manufacturing or processing or packing unit with a production capacity of more than 2MT per day
- Dairy units with capacity to process more than 50,000 liters of milk per day or more than 2500MT of milk solids per year
- Vegetable oil processing units with a processing capacity of more than 2MT per day
- Slaughtering house with a capacity to process over 1000 birds or 150 small animals or 50 large animals per day
- Meat processing units with processing capacity of more than 500kg of meat per day or 150MT of meat per annum
- Cold storage units with a capacity of more than 10,000 MT
- Cold storage that is atmospheric controlled with a capacity of more than 1000 MT
- Food storage with a capacity of more than 50,000 MT