The Government of Haryana has decided to temporarily halt registration of land transfer deeds from today (July 22). This is an interim (till July 29) measure to build a technology and data-based mechanism to curb and curtail possible malpractices.
The decision of the government has come in the backdrop of complaints of serious malpractices that exist in the current mechanism for registration of deeds for transfer of land.
The following guidelines have been put in place by the government:
1. No registration of transfer of deeds of land shall be done by the Sub Registrar/Joint Registrar from July 22 to July 29, 2020 in the state other than as provided in clause (6) below. Registration in respect of lands other than lands as specified in clause (2) and clause (3) below shall be permitted w.e.f July 30, 2020.
2. No registration of transfer of deed shall be done by the Sub Registrar/Joint Sub Registrar from July 22 to August 8, 2020 in respect of lands situation within Municipal limits, Urban areas as declared or notified under Haryana Development and Registration of Urban Areas Act, 1975 and Controlled Areas Restriction or Unregulated Development Act, 1963
3. No registration of transfer of deeds of land shall be done by the sub registrar/Joint Sub Registrar from July 22 to August 15, in respect of lands situated in Urban Areas, as declared/notified under Section 7-A of the Haryana Development and Regulation of Urban Ateas Act, 1975 and village where the jamabandis are currently offline and not available on web HALRIS.
4. All e-appointments pertaining to the above stand cancelled forthwith and fresh dates regarding the same shall be given to the concerned on priority basis.
5. Wherever generation of successful e stamp challans (GRN) has been done, an extension of 30 days will be given for those challans, GRN whose validity of 180 days expires between July 22 to August 17, 2020.
6. For those possessing Registered Sale Agreements between buyers and the sellers for transfer of land executed prior to July 22 as per terms and conditions of said agreement, the same had to be registered between July 22 to august 15, 2020, such deeds may be allowed to be registered by the Sub Registrars/Joint sub Registrars only with the prior approval of the Registrar of the concerned districts in writing in each individual case.
Order attached here;
– India Legal Bureau
The post Move to curb malpractices: Haryana govt temporarily halts land transfer registrations appeared first on India Legal.