The Supreme Court on Friday has issued circular for hearing of urgent matters during the rescheduled summer vacation which will be observed from June 22 till July 3.
The Circular said, It is hereby notified for information to all concerned that, in order to meet the demand of justice and for hearing of matters of urgent nature during the rescheduled summer vacation, Hon’ble the Chief Justice of India has been pleased to direct as follows:
- During the first week of rescheduled summer vacation, i.e., from 22.06.2020 to 26.06.2020, two Division Benches, one Court of Hon’ble Judges-in-Chamber and one Registrar Court will conduct hearings through Video Conferencing / tele conferencing mode;
- During the second week of rescheduled summer vacation, i.e., from 29.06.2020 to 03.07.2020, two Benches in the whole week i.e., one on 30.06.2020 (Tuesday) and second on 03.07.2020 (Friday) will conduct hearings through Video Conferencing / tele conferencing mode;
- The existing ‘Standard Operating Procedure’ for Advocates and party-in- person uploaded on the website on 14.06.2020 will continue to operate and be followed for listing and hearing of matters before Hon’ble Judge- in-Chamber and Ld. Registrar Court;
- The fresh matters filed upto 19.06.2020, which are ‘mentioned’ on e-mail address ‘[email protected]’ upto 5.00 P.M. on a particular day, for urgent listing, may be processed for listing on next to next working day, subject to the directions of the competent authority and availability of Bench as per roster. However, the after notice matters which will be mentioned for early listing on the ground of urgency may be placed before the Hon’ble Judge having coram and the same may be listed subject to acceptance of above request, provided the Bench of Hon’ble Judge is available during vacation;
- The matters mentioned online, for listing before Vacation Courts, on the ground of urgency will be placed before the competent authority and only after the approval thereof, the matter may be processed for listed before the Court as per direction/roster and also subject to availability of Bench. However, the matter of extreme urgency shall be dealt with by the Vacation Officer/Registrar as per prevailing practice/guidelines;
- The Filing Counter will be closed for two weeks and filing of documents will be allowed through e-filing. However, in case of extreme exigency, the Registry may open the Filing Counter.
-India Legal Bureau
The post SC Issues Circular For Hearing Of Urgent Matters During Rescheduled Summer Vacation appeared first on India Legal.